Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The Blues Revue appeared in the mail today and along with it a sampler CD. These are always fun. The songs offer a great variety, from Delta acoustic to funk to Chicago and west coast style. Quite often there are reviews of someone's new CD in the magazine and a song from the CD on the sampler. And sometimes the reviews are not too kind. A case in point was the new CD from Deborah Coleman. She has just moved to Telarc and the reviewer said that he hoped this would be a breakthrough for her career but this was not to be. Well, what do I know? The cut on the sampler was an instrumental entitled The River Wild. It has the feel of swamp music and I was fascinated with it. So I guess I either don't know anything about blues music, only know what I like. If the rest of her CD is anywhere close to being as good, I'll be satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home