Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Monday, July 05, 2004

I've been away for a couple of days to our cabin near Mount Rainier. Doing a little reading and writing. We saw some pigeon guillemots on the Niqually River, heard some ravens but did not see them; juncos, winter wrens. We usually are scolded by squirrels but didn't hear a one. And some bird we call 'One-Note Johnny" which we always hear and have never been able to find. I did hear the nighthawks Sunday about dusk. That's when they search above the river for high flying insects. My wife saw a deer cross the road further down but I wasn't looking. I listened to a lot of blues and an old time radio episode of Nero Wolfe with Sidney Greenstreet playing the role of Nero. We really should get the cabin more often.

On another note I wrote a blog here the other day but it didn't show up. I may try to recover it and re-post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home