Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Friends Blogs: Since I’ve begun writing blogs, I’ve become quite attached to several other blogs. I thought I might let you know what they are. You can go look and if you find them entertaining or educational, you can bookmark them and return early and often. (Oh, excuse me. That’s for voting.) The guy who got me started is Bill Crider. I’ve known Bill for lots of years. He’s from Texas. He recently retired from a career of teaching and administration in universities and community colleges. Moreover Bill has been a writer of mysteries, horror, and even some children’s books. He a great book collector, especially of older paperbacks and his blog is always interesting. Find Bill’s Blog at: http://billcrider.blogspot.com.
Another Texan and another writer is James Reasoner. James has been a writer of westerns and Civil War stories since 1976. He’s a recent friend whom I met at a Bouchercon in San Antonio a couple of years back. He loves collecting pulps, westerns in particular, and western movies . Read how many pages a day he writes when he’s on a roll. It exhausts me to read about it. You can find Rough Edges at: http://jamesreasoner.blogspot.com.
Another writer with an expansive website is Ed Gorman. Ed writes both mysteries and westerns. If you like those genres, Ed’s books are very very good. Buried early on in Ed’s website is the link to Ed’s Place, Ed’s blog. You’ll find all kinds of interesting things here, including others commenting on what Ed has said or sometimes entering short essays of their own. Find Ed’s Place at http://www.EdGorman.com/edsplace/index.html or simply click on the link at his wesite: http://www.EdGorman.com/
Bob Sabella is not a writer, at least not a full-time writer, although he does write science fiction short stories. He’s a full time high school mathematics teacher and devoted to his family as well as his students. He sometimes writes about his special Asian students who are in honors classes. But he also writes about other interesting things, science fiction and fantasy and Bastille Day among them. Check Out of the Depths, Bob’s blog out at:http://bobsabella.blogspot.com/ http://adamofsf.blogspot.com/
Finally I can’t pass up the blog of a fellow I don’t know. He is Ivan G. Shreve, Jr. and his blog is called Thrilling Days of Yesteryear. His blogs tend to be longer than that of most bloggers. He is an incredible font of knowledge about movies, old and new, and about old time radio. And he displays wonderful links to place that will keep you occupied for days, movies, old time radio organizations, even some download sites for old time radio. Thrilling Days of Yesteryear can be found at: http://blogs.salon.com/0003139/
There you have it. Good blog-reading!

3 Comments:

Blogger mybillcrider said...

Thanks for the mention, Frank. I don't know how may readers I have, but I think they number in the fives.

7:22 AM  
Blogger adamosf said...

I enjoy reading your blog a lot. You are a natural blogger! And thanks so much for the free advertising. The first address you gave though should be http://visionsofparadise.blogspot.com/.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Ah, Frank...you'll turn my head with that flattery. Thanks for the shout-out and for the laudatory praise--I should point out that there are scads and scads of individuals with even more info on OTR, movies and TV than I have. All I want to do at Thrilling Days of Yesteryear is play a good game, and keep our uniforms clean.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home