Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Radio Club and Christmas Trees

We attended the meeting of Seattle's Old Time Radio Club this afternoon. REPS (the Radio Enthusiasts of Puget Sound) has just gone through a bad patch. Officers have resigned, conditions were in a state of flux. All of this happened while we were away over the past two months. So I was curious to see who showed and who did not. It appears that a new slate of officers has been proposed, results of the election mid-month. So things look like they are settling down and the folks who were the problem have gone off to do their own thing, perhaps forming a new club. Personally I don't think the town is big enough for two clubs. We'll see.

On the way to the meeting we saw several Christmas trees atop cars as people began to take the season in earnest. They seem to be wrapped in some sort of plastic. My question is: were they wrapped before they hit the lots or after their purchase? I can't see someone buying a tree before they saw what sort of shape it was. As far as I know this is the first year I've seen these wrappings. Anna is talking about a small live tree this year. The truth may be revealed later.

1 Comments:

Blogger mybillcrider said...

OK, Frank. I have the answer to your question. I had to go to Wal-Mart last night, and I walked through the area where the Christmas trees are on sale. Sure enough, there's a tree-wrapping machine right there in the store. You buy your tree, the clerk wraps it in red plastic netting. Ah, modernity.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home