Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Just Checking In

I figure I should check in once in awhile since I’ve been way too lax in posting lately. Maybe I haven’t been doing enough lately to have anything exciting to say. We’ve been attending the horse races every Friday night but you don’t need to hear about my losses every week. Although some exciting things have happened at the track. Maybe I should write about a new book about another track far far away. Suffolk Downs in Boston, to be exact. I suppose I could talk about books read or movies seen. Those things happen in my life more often than anything that’s more exciting. I’ll be spending six days at the cabin with a bunch of guys starting Saturday so I thought I’d better check in now. Maybe they'll have something interesting that I can report on. Anyway, this is short and sweet but I’m still alive.

3 Comments:

Blogger mybillcrider said...

You must win sometime, right?

Have fun at Tankon and don't let the Cap'n eat all the Cheesy Poofs.

6:38 AM  
Blogger adamosf said...

I always enjoy your posts about books you're reading, movies you've seen, or your trips. Sorry I haven't checked in awhile myself, but I've been busy writing/editing since school got out. Take care.

8:39 AM  
Blogger The Electric Horseman said...

Oh man... it almost hurts inside when I read the basic (initial) reality of this post.

Geez, how could I be unaware of this for any amount of time.

I would have sooooooooooo indulged you had I known... or at least gone around and LOOKED for you (and been successful, eventually... although I might not have looked at those tables with six twenty-somethings and 17 full beers on the table as "Bud Friday Night" happy hour draws toward a close). ( {furrowed brow} Maybe that's where I shoulda been looking?? )


NOW I'm going to march down the list and read the title I saw called "Emerald Downs", just after I clicked on this entry (and knew I was already committed).

~

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home