Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Midnight at the Oasis

Midnight at the Oasis. And a brand new Dell computer. My old friend, Dan, who just happens to be my computer guru, came over this evening. We unpacked the new beast. He hooked it up and ran it through its bag of tricks. Now he has handed it over to me. And if I have any problems, they are going to have to wait until next Sunday. It’s like driving a car. I know how to do it but I don’t know how to fix it if anything goes wrong. Same with a computer. It seems to be working well. He was able to convert my e-mail addresses and my bookmarked websites to the new computer. So I am well pleased. I can now settle down with a good book and relax for a couple of hours. The current book is Steven Saylor’s The Judgment of Caesar. I’m only about forty pages into the novel but Saylor’s mysteries which take place in ancient Rome have always pleased me. In this one, however, Gordianus the Finder has taken his wife to Egypt. No doubt this one will please me also.

1 Comments:

Blogger mybillcrider said...

I got a new Dell last July, Frank, and it's been great. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed this one.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home