Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Ain't It Cool

I was spending some time on the net today running down some movie information. In so doing I went to a website that is entertaining, sometimes bizarre, perhaps infuriating to some (mostly due to the use of language), but always educational. The site is Aint It Cool. Every time I've gone there, I've learned of some new movies that looks interesting. You need to look around a bit to find everything. For example, if you can find Harry's World, you will find not only reports on many film festivals which Harry has attended, but also a five-part article on a visit to The Ackermansion, the home which is also a museum for the many props from science fiction and horror movies collected by Forrest "Forry" Ackerman over many years. Or as he likes to call himself "4E."

There is elsewhere a list of the 20 movies that Harry is anticipating in 2005. I found movies listed that I did not know were in the works. Oliver Twist, The War of the Worlds, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Sin City from Frank Miller's graphic novels, A Scanner Darkly from one of Philip K. Dick's novels, and the new King Kong. There are six that I, at least, am anticipating. You might try out this website. I found it enlightening.

1 Comments:

Blogger randy said...

Frank: If yer bored, check out my movie page:

http://www.podbaydoor.com/amovies.html

Some of my favorite sites include Movie City News, and of course, IMDb. Also, for reviews, Rotten Tomatoes rocks. - Randy

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home