Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas

And a Merry Christmas to all. We do presents with the family on Christmas Eve so today was quiet. It rained pretty hard all day so we went to the movies. Saw Audrey Tautou in A Very Long Engagement. Audrey's fiancee is missing after World War I and she is determined to find out what happened to him. Beautifully shot, it shows the horror of trench warfare in that long ago time. Also some lovely scenes in the countryside and along the coast of Brittany. I recommend it highly.

I'll be away for about six days, so don't expect any blogs. Quiet time at the cabin with some male friends with whom I have been spending the time between Chirstmas and New Years for thirty-four years. Eat too much, nap, tell lies, and watch movies with the occasional argument (they call it discussion) about some piece of trivia, often movie trivia, but sometimes history, geography and other important stuff. Much fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger randy said...

Frank! A blog since June, and I find out about it only now - argh! Well, better late than never. Thank you for the nice Christmas card and letter. It's good to see you online. Please visit my site, http://www.podbaydoor.com. I may see A Very Long Engagement on the weekend, it's been on my list for some time. Movies I've seen this year are on this list.

Wishing you and AJ a great 2005. I've added you to my Blogroll list. - Randy

7:55 PM  
Blogger Frank Denton said...

Gee, I guess if you let people know about your blog you get a few more readers. Hi, Randy and I will add your blog so we can keep in touch.

11:13 PM  
Blogger randy said...

Funny how that works, eh? ;-)

Happy 2005 to you and AnnaJo. - R

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home