Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

A Day at the Races

Anna and I just returned from a fine afternoon at Emerald Downs, the Seattle area race track. There's nothing I love better than an afternoon watching the horses run. So sleek, so graceful, so powerful. It was near 90 degrees, blues skies without a cloud, Mt. Rainier looming its 14,000+ feet to the southeast. A rather spare crowd because of no stakes races. Next Sunday will be the $100,000 Longacres Mile and The Breeder's Cup Distaff for the fillies. I won't talk about the betting. Let me say that we only lost about $25 between us. So get out there and support your local race track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home