Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Finding Neverland

I watched Finding Neverland last evening. It was a movie that I had missed while on the road trip. I enjoyed the movie very much although I can’t say that it was a happy movie. And it made me wonder how much of it was true. I guess it will send me to the library to seek a biography of James Barrie. Julie Christie has aged pretty well but her role as mother was not a pleasant one, her character not pleasant at all. Johnny Depp is a favorite of mine. I suppose it’s because he doesn’t get typecast. He always seems to play someone different. After playing Willie Wonka, which was a walk in the park for him, I was glad to see him in a role where he had to reach a bit. And he seems to play well with children, does not run with scissors...oh, excuse me, I got carried away. I like his having just a hint of Scottish brogue. It reminded me of the soft Irish brogue that he had in Chocolat. The young boy who played thye role of Peter had a difficult role and he played it well. I missed his name in the credits which went by too quickly. The story of how Barrie's famous play, Peter Pan, came to be was a fascinating one. Something more to look into. Anyway, it’s a film I can recommend you see of DVD, just in case you didn’t see it in the theater.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Bob said...

Willy Wonka came after Finding Neverland.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home