Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm Back

Let's see if I remember how to do this. My wife and I have been on the road since the end of August. First it was to Chicago (by air) to attend Bouchercon, the World Mystery Convention. Then up to Racine, WI for a very short visit to my cousin Margaret. Then home to do the laundry and pack the car. And we've been on the road ever since, arriving home just two days ago. Four boxes of mail to be sorted and much of it thrown away. 'Tis the season for catalogues, you know. Writing checks before I was made to pay those exhorbitant late charges. And trying to find space for all the books I bought along the way. Gosh, it didn't seem like many when you buy them one or two at a time.

Just for fun, here are some statistics. Miles driven: 6696. Cost of gasoline: $615.09. This was not a good time for gas costs. Gallons of gas consumed: 221.51 gallons. Miles per gallon on my 2004 Chev Impala: 30.22 mpg. Ave. cost per gallon: $2.77.

I think that's enough for the first blog after returning. It is hoped that I will have something more interesting to say next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger mybillcrider said...

Welcome back, Frank!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Cap'n Bob said...

How about the number of tires worn out, motel rooms trashed, fast food containers strewn along the highway, audio books read, back country rubes scammed, and road house brawls started?

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home