Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Concert for George

It’s been a while. What a slacker! I’ve spent the last several nights watching Concert For George, in honor of and featuring the songs of George Harrison, He always was my favorite Beatle. Don’t know why. Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney, Billy Preston. Jeff Lynne, Gary Brooker. And a wonderful group of Indian musicians playing a special piece composed by Ravi Shankar and featuring his beautiful daughter, Anoushka Shankar on sitar. A two-and-a-half hour concert plus and hour-and-a-half of extras on a second disk. I enjoyed it very much and will watch it again and again. Go do likewise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Bob said...

George probably did the best post-Beatle work of the four, but I've always held a soft spot in my head for John. As a group they were gods to me when I was a teen, and I still love their music.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home