Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Great Breads

I've had my nose in a book about baking for the last couple of hours. I've always loved to bake, to get myself covered in flour and have dough sticking to my fingers. The book I got from the library is Great Breads by Martha Rose Shulman. It has a ton of great recipes for great breads, American, British and others, including some Mediterranean and some eastern breads. And scones, so easy to make and so wonderfully tasty, especially when right out of the oven. My mouth waters to think of it. I have to take the book back to the library soon and I was set to copy a whole bunch of recipes. Instead I found a copy on ABE that was inexpensive so I ordered one for my own self. All I need now, during the busy holiday season, is to find some time to do some baking. Maybe an Irish tea bread first or a Llincolnshire plum bread. Oh, yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home