Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Netflix Again

I'm a little slow. Blame it on my age. I received several catalogs which featured, among many other things, a number of British shows on DVD. I was licking my lips and thinking about how I'd love to own many of them, especially the various detective series. Those who have followed this blog or who know me know that I've been enjoying movies, many of them old, for the past year through the Netflix rental system. Gosh, I thought, I wonder if Netflix might possibly have any of the shows that I liked. I don't have the BBC channel where many of them played, or the series ended many years back. And I missed many episodes of shows like Inspector Morse, Inspector Lynley, Brother Cadfael, Midsomer Murders. So I looked them up on Netflix and sure enough they have them all and then some. Along with Foyle's War, Wire in the Blood, Touching Evil , P.D. James 'Adam Dalgleish' mysteries, Lord Peter Wimsey, Inspector Alleyn, Campion. Well, now I'm really in seventh heaven. I'm set for a long long time. Idiot box bliss or something like it. Sorry to be a flak for Netflix but I'm loving it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home