Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006

This is just a short greeting to all my readers on the eve of New Year's Day. I have returned from six days at our mountain cabin near Mount Rainier where five guys ate much, slept much, watched five or six movies plus some short episodes of Wanted: Dead or Alive with Steve McQueen. We also argued about trivial things, told lies about ourselves and others and generally had a very good time. It didn't snow but it did rain pretty consistently. I managed to read nearly half a novel by Robert Goddard, a British author whom I like a lot. In slack time I listened to a two CD recording of Stan Kenton's Innovations band. I attended a concert by that particular band sometime in the late 70s. Ah, nostalgia is wonderful. The real excitement was the first day when we were getting little electricity, enough to run the lights but not the wall heaters. It was a cold night. Thank goodness for our wood stove. But I got out early the next day to find a phone (cells phones don't work where the cabin is), called the power company and they came and did a splendid job of restoring power. Bad connections, they said. It gave us pause to think about pioneer days and how lucky we are, especially with the heat on again and the coffee pot working.

Anyway I hope the gang of guys are rejuvenated to meet the new year. As I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas season and can launch into 2006 with verve and pizzazz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Bob said...

As one of those sleepy gluttons I once again say thanks for the use of the hall.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home