Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Some Good News and Some Bad News

Bad news out of Canada. A friend e-mailed me today that a mutual friend is in the hospital. He is not expected to live. They give him two to six months, but I suspect that his death could come sooner. So tomorrow we're going to drive up to visit him in the hospital. This is getting to be old. I've lost five good friends and former colleagues in the last couple of months. This does not make me happy.

On the other hand, I have a young friend, an Indian, who is beginning his vision quest tomorrow. I hope all goes well with him and will be thinking of him and sending prayers his way for the next five days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home