Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

What you have here is an old guy. In education for 30 years, started teaching elementary, ended as library and media director of community college. I've enjoyed mountain climbing, sports car rallying, was pipe major of a bagpipe band, played guitar and sang during the folk revival, walking and hiking later in life. Now fairly sedentary. Enjoy reading, esp. mysteries and fantasy, but my reading is pretty eclectic. Enjoy movies, giving Netflix a workout.

Friday, January 06, 2006

A Job ... Well Done??

On my desk, underneath my printer, sit two plastic trays. Over the year they become filled with the detritus of my life. Notes, bibliographies, things printed from the web, lists of books of which I have read reviews, want to read and probably never will, odd letters that have arrived and may or may not have been answered, catalogs of films well marked in hopes that they are available from Netflix and probably other things which I have forgotten. I thought I ought to go through it and throw some stuff away. To be truthful both trays were full and I could no longer put more recent "important" stuff in. It was probably a year's worth and as I skimmed through it, I found it interesting. In some ways it was probably indicative of my life or at least of my interests. Well, it's done. Now to go through the stack in front of the trays which until now could not find their way into the trays. Ah, life. Isn't it fun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home